- The UF-UF Health Wellness Committee provides information, tips and resources related to emotional wellness; spiritual wellness; social wellness; environmental wellness; financial wellness; occupational wellness; physical wellness; and intellectual wellness.
Community Providers – Psychology
- GreenPath Debt Solutions (formerly Consumer Credit Counseling Service of Mid-Florida): (800) 550-1961
- InCharge Debt Solutions InCharge offers the service with a certified credit counselor, free of charge: (800) 565-8953
Depression and Anxiety
- General Information: (352) 392-2477
- Employee Relations: (352) 392-1072
- Benefits, including Insurance Coverage: (352) 392-1225
- Title IX: Sexual Misconduct, Harassment or Discrimination: (352) 273-1725
- Training and Organizational Development: (352) 392-4626
Legal Services and Information
- The Florida Bar Association – Lawyer Referral Service Hotline: (800) 342-8011 toll-free
- Three Rivers Legal Services: (352) 372-0519
- The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) – Information on mental disorders, related topics, and mental health research.
- UF Counseling and Wellness Center – Self-Help Resources Online tools, blogs, information, and other resources
- Alachua County Office of Victim Services: (352) 264-6760 or (866) 252-5439 toll-free
- Peaceful Paths Domestic Abuse Network (formerly SPARC): (352) 377-8255 or (800) 500-1119 toll-free
- University of Florida Police Victim Services: (352) 392-5648 or (352) 392-1111 after-hours
Faculty/Staff/Students in Distress
- U Matter, We Care: (352) 294-2273 [1-352-294-CARE]
Emergencies and Urgent Care
PLEASE NOTE: If you think someone needs immediate medical attention, do not hesitate to call 911.
- Employees may access after-hours emergency counseling and consultation services by calling (352) 392-5787 when the EAP office is closed. The ProtoCall answering service enables faculty, staff and other employees to speak directly with a counselor after-hours. An EAP professional counselor will follow up with employees who receive services from ProtoCall.
- Alachua County Crisis Center: 218 SE 24th Street, Gainesville, FL 32641
- Crisis Line (available 24/7): (352) 264-6789
- National Suicide Hotline (available 24/7): (800) 784-2433 [1-800-Suicide] toll-free
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (available 24/7): (800) 273-8255 [1-800-273-TALK] toll-free
- Rumor Control (available 24/7): (352) 264-6557
- North Florida Regional Medical Center Emergency Room (Wait Time): 6500 Newberry Road, Gainesville, FL 32605
- UF/Shands Critical Care Center (Emergency Room/Trauma Center): 1515 SW Archer Road, Gainesville, FL 32608
PLEASE NOTE: Call 911 in the event of an emergency situation.